Welcome to Hilton Head National Golf Club!
The course itself is a golfing gem. It has been acclaimed for more than 30 years as “the best conditioned layout in the region.” Moreover, it’s routinely rated among the top public courses in South Carolina.
Hall of Fame golfer Gary Player and course architecture award winner Bobby Weed each contributed their distinctive design philosophies here in ways that make every club in your bag important. Experienced golfers are quick to point out: “Hilton Head National is a course that’s challenging but not punishing. It’s a joy to play!”
Hilton Head National boasts immaculately groomed TifEagle Ultra greens that run fast and true. The opening holes offer several strategic risk-reward challenges: in particular, the Signature 6th, a par 4, bordered its entire fairway by a treacherously close lagoon on the right with dangerous pot bunkers on the left. The back nine is tighter, and rewards players with a good short game. Most memorable for many, however, is the abundance of wildlife, but no houses overlooking the fairways or greens. The course has a private club atmosphere but is accessible to all.
As Gary Player says: “Hilton Head National is my promise to you of an exceptional golf experience!”
Use your Smartphone to book tee times!
- TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Based on 146 traveler reviews
TripAdvisor Ranking #2 of 21 Outdoor Activities in Bluffton
- Most Recent Traveler Reviews
- Mar 30, 2016: “Favourite course at Hilton Head”
- Mar 23, 2016: “Not one of the big names… But…”
- Mar 20, 2016: “Very Enjoyable and Challenging Outling”
- Feb 28, 2016: “BEAUTIFUL WEATHER AND BEAUTIFUL COURSE”
- Jan 4, 2016: “Favourite Course on my road trip.”
© 2016 TripAdvisor LLC